How to Install the GOtv Decoder and Antenna.
It’s easy and simple to install the GOtv antenna and decoder for yourself and get the best view of your favorite tv channel.
You do not need any specialist to do it for you; All you need to do is carefully read and follow the accurately described steps on installing the GOtv decoder and antenna.
Assembly of the GOtv Antenna (Gotenna)
Follow the steps below to assemble your GOtv antenna before the installation of the GOTenna.
- Pull the cable through the middle of the antenna grid.
- Screw the cable onto the yellow plastic box of the antenna.
- When secured, slide over the insulated sleeve.
- Clip the green plastic box and the red plastic box on the antenna into the green plastic clip and the red plastic clip on the antenna grid, until they click
- Place the U bracket through the middle of the antenna.
- Place the first pole bracket over the U bracket with the flat side against the GOTENNA grid
Place the outward facing pole bracket attached to the GOTENNA grid against an upright pole. Make sure that the down arrow on the yellow box is pointing down and then fasten the second pole bracket around the pole using the wing nuts provided
Installation of GOtv Decoder
Here are the steps to install the GOtv decoder to have a full view of the entertaining shows:
How to install GOtv Decoder
- Connect your decoder to the TV using the Audio and Video (AV) cables provided
- Connect the GOTENNA to the RF IN plug on the decoder. If you have an HDMI cable, connect it instead.
- Connect the power supply unit to the decoder before inserting the other end into the plug point. Then switch on at the wall (GOTV recommends the use of a power surge protector).
- Switch the TV on and press the AV button on the TV remote control to go to the appropriate AV channel.
- After 20 seconds, the GOTV logo will appear, followed by the set-up screen a few seconds later.
Note: If the GOtv decoder does not complete scanning, it will automatically take you to the signal detection screen. At this point, you may need to point the GOtv Antenna in the direction of the GOtv transmitter – and move the GOtv antenna until the signal is most reliable. This is the point where you should permanently fix your GOtv Antenna.
Find a clear site that has no obstructions between the GOtv Antenna and the signal transmitter. Point the GOtv Antenna towards the transmitter. Slowly move your GOtv Antenna to the left or the right until the strongest signal is found. You will be able to see this on the signal lever bar displayed on your TV. Then fix your GOtv Antenna in its position
I hope you learned how to install GOtv, any thought on this feel free to leave in our comment section.